This application is now closed and we are currently reviewing applications. Thank you!
RAY Program Coordinator
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
Job Status: Exempt
FTE Status: Full time
Location: The role is primarily remote, with regular team and all-staff meetings taking place virtually. Travel to in-person retreats is a component of this role. We currently require COVID PCR tests prior to in-person retreats and indoor masking.
Application link: here
Hiring Timeline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Application review will begin May 22, 2023 with an intended start date of June 1, 2023.
ELP is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ELP’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.
The Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Fellowship Program aims to increase and facilitate conservation, clean energy efficiency, and renewable energy-related career pathways for emerging leaders of color. The RAY Fellowship is a two-year paid Fellowship designed to equip recent college graduates with the tools, experiences, support, and community they need to become leaders in the conservation and clean energy sectors—one that, in our visions of the future, fully represents, includes, and is led by the diverse communities, perspectives, and experiences of the United States.
RAY is managed by the Environmental Leadership Program (ELP), whose mission is to support visionary, action-oriented, and diverse leadership for a just and sustainable future. ELP aims to catalyze change by providing emerging leaders with the support and guidance they need to launch new endeavors, achieve new successes, and rise to new leadership positions. Since 2000, we have created a dynamic network of over 1,400 environmental and social change leaders across the U.S.
ELP values the contributions of people from equity-seeking groups as a critical factor in our ability to meet our mission. We encourage applications from LGBTQ+ people, Indigenous peoples, people of color, low-income earners and the unemployed, immigrants and refugees, and people with disabilities or another equity-seeking group. If you wish to identify as belonging to an equity-seeking group(s), please feel free to indicate so in your cover letter.
The RAY Program Coordinator will report directly to the Communications and Program Managers of the RAY Fellowship Program. This is an exciting, growth-focused role where you will be involved in working with and supporting a national network of RAY Fellows. The successful candidate will support RAY Fellowship Program staff on programmatic, administrative, communications, and marketing work. As a member of a remote-working team, the Coordinator’s workload will be set by the program and communications manager on a weekly and monthly basis. Final candidates will be asked for professional references.
We ask that qualified candidates have the following:
- Experience working with and serving BIPOC communities.
- Experience in the equity, inclusion, and belonging space in a workplace or community/grassroots environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a remote, distributed team.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using cloud-based collaborative software: Google Docs, Canva, Social Media
Ideal candidates will demonstrate evidence of the following characteristics:
- Passion for social justice, environmental justice, and/or climate justice principles and priorities.
- Demonstrated interest in facilitating and working with racial justice initiatives.
- Energetic, innovative, creative self-starter with attention to detail.
- Dedication to continuous improvement and a culture of learning, care, and support.
- Understanding of and a commitment to advancing the mission, core values, learning organization, and IDEAL (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, Liberation) principles of ELP.
- Ability to connect with other people’s passions.
- Experience or interest in growing CRM and project management software skills (eg. Salesforce, Asana)
The Program Coordinator reports to RAY Program Managers and Communications Manager. In this role the Coordinator will collaborate in the execution and planning of the RAY Fellowship Program including:
- Support Program Managers and Partnerships Managers with multiple monthly webinars and online gatherings.
- Support the RAY Communications Manager with creating and scheduling communications, including but not limited to: social media and newsletters.
The Coordinator will also provide programmatic support during the fellowship selection process and logistical support for virtual and in-person retreats.
Things you’ll learn:
- How to use social media scheduling tools.
- How to use client relationship management and project management tools.
- Develop your online and in-person facilitation skill set in building communal relationships through gatherings, webinars and trainings.
There will be opportunities to join in-person training and retreats over the course of the year. In addition, there are also continual opportunities for professional development and group learning.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, submit your resume and cover letter through our online application here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Application review will begin May 22, 2023 with an intended start date of June 1, 2023.
What to include in your cover letter, tell us a story and answer the following questions for us!
- Links to your portfolios of work if applicable.
- Tell us how many years of equity, inclusion, and belonging experience in a workplace and/or community environment do you have?
- Specify your experience using cloud-based collaborative softwares (years and how you use them): Google Docs, Canva, etc. or comparable softwares. Please be explicit about the comparability if you do not have the cloud-based software experience described above.
- What are you curious about in regards to this position?
- How would you like to grow in this role?
ELP pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, employee 401(k) contribution, professional development funds, health and wellness days, and a sabbatical policy.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.