Inspired by efforts to increase diversity in environmentally-related sectors, the Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Diversity Fellowship Program supports two cohorts of Fellows per year: RAY Conservation Fellows and RAY Clean Energy Fellows. The RAY Fellowship Program aims to increase and facilitate conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy-related career pathways for emerging leaders of color. The RAY Fellowship Program is a two-year paid fellowship designed to equip recent college graduates with the tools, experiences, support, and community they need to become leaders in the conservation and clean energy sectors—one that, in our visions of the future, fully represents, includes, and is led by the diverse communities, perspectives, and experiences of the United States.
Managed by the Environmental Leadership Program (ELP), the RAY Conservation Fellowship and RAY Clean Energy Fellowship provide first-time career access opportunities for recent college graduates who do not have previous professional experience or a graduate degree. RAY Conservation Fellows are placed within one of our 'Conservation Member Organizations' for a two-year paid fellowship position, with the resources and support to develop experiences that will launch them onto a path of career growth in conservation. Likewise, RAY Clean Energy Fellows are placed within one of our ‘Clean Energy Member Organizations’ for a similar two-year paid fellowship position, with similar resources and support to develop experiences that will launch them onto a path of career growth in energy-efficiency or renewable energy.
All Fellows work with mentors, grow their networks, and forge lasting relationships within and between the Conservation and Clean Energy cohorts of Fellows. RAY Fellowship positions are full-time paid positions with competitive entry-level salaries plus benefits. All Fellows will also receive a stipend of $1,000 to go towards professional development opportunities, in addition to coordinated professional development through RAY Member Organizations and ELP.
The RAY Fellowship Program looks for applicants that demonstrate:
- Passion, capacity, and transformational potential to exercise leadership and respond to social and environmental challenges
- Commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the environmental and social change fields
- Willingness to actively contribute to the Fellowship and take advantage of its benefits including eagerness to connect with and learn from others
- The desire to be active in and give back to community – their own and the large RAY Community during and after the fellowship
- Transformational potential to benefit greatly from the Fellowship’s opportunities and experience
Review our application process, timeline, and eligibility requirements for more! Know of a great RAY Fellow candidate? Nominate them here!